Monday 1 April 2013

Paris 2012 - Lessons at Le Cordon Bleu

With great excitement I set off for Le Cordon Bleu on a Saturday morning. I had expected a grand building given the reputation of the school. It was housed in a ordinary looking building....

 
 
I was attending "Sauces, La Touche Finale". The class was actually full and dear husband put me on wait list and a place finally opened up. Guess this course will accompany my then newly acquired sous vide machine.
 
A group of 14 of us were ushered to a kitchen school and each found a place quickly. The chef was Chef Franck Poupard. We learnt stock for meat, fish, white chicken stock and moved on to make sauces (Pesto sauces, chicken breast sauce supreme, magret duck breast la orange, and bordelaise sauce, jumbo shrimp and langoustines with lemon grass sauce). We were also taught how to debone a chicken.
 
We broke for lunch and this was one of the food they served. 


This is Chef Franck Poupard. He spoke in French and the interpreter will translate to English.


The following Saturday, I returned for a baking course "Financiers, cakes and pound cakes." I understand this is the first lesson they would conduct for the Diploma students.

 
 
This was the orange confit we made for the pound cake.


This is the Green Tea Financiers with a twist.


This was what I baked. Unfortunately, due to luggage constraints, I had to give away quite a bit of cakes away.

At last, I completed my baking class with a certificate and a picture with the chef.


This is Miki from Sapporo. She was in Paris alone like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment