Wednesday 10 April 2013

Musee Rodin

The Rodin Museum is one of my favourite museums. It features the wonderful work of French sculptor, Auguste Rodin.

I started with the Garden. The Thinker greeted me.Awesome to see the "real' deal amidst a beautifully sculptured garden. Then I saw the Gates of Hell - I noticed that there were figures were separately crafted as individual displays.

The garden was beautiful and I caught sight of wedding vows being exchanged in one part of the garden. So beautiful....My favourite piece was meditation, inner voice, found inside the Biron Hotel. You'll notice that there is no hand because to meditate, one needs to be still.

After the long walk, I stopped at the cafe to have a coffee break and mini macaroons.

I like Rodin's sculpture because it is masterfully crafted and the theme is clear.  



 
The famous "Gates of Hell" 

 
 
The 3 figures from the top of the Gate of Hell
Note the details of the hand
 
The Burghurs of Calais


Meditation, Inner Voice

The Kiss



The Catheral

No comments:

Post a Comment