Wednesday 3 April 2013

Flea Market in Paris - Les Puces de Saint Quen

On my last day in Paris (after 9 glorious days), I decided to brave it and find my way to the Les Puces - the largest antique market in Paris. It is located in the 18th arrondisement and is in a poorer part of Paris. Quite a distance to walk from the metro Porte de Clignancourt to the huge flea market. The flea market gets very crowded during the weekends (I was almost pick pocketed at the metro on the way back). It has 7 markets within the neighbourhood and would take at least a day to explore. Each market has many interesting shops and lanes and nooks and corners to browse.

The flea market sells art and deco furniture, keys, beads, antique cutlery, kitchen appliances, table napkins/cloths, watches, jewellery, vintage clothes. The vendors are playing cards or having a meals and it has a nice neighbourly vibe. I liked the markets because there is so much to see and it is vibrant.

As I had no more luggage space, I did not purchase anything although I was tempted to buy a ring in one of the shops.

The market has clear directions for visitors.
 
I loved to browse at the various shops...

Clock face made from recycled manhole!



i loved to look at the antique silver cutlery.

 One shop sells just keys.





No comments:

Post a Comment